- How does Avocarrot mediation obtain the data from the ad networks?
- Why is there an impression discrepancy between Avocarrot mediation and my ad network?
- What time zone is the reporting?
- Is the Avocarrot dashboard updated in real-time?
- Do you offer reporting API?
- How do we deal with reporting API outage in the Avocarrot mediation?
- What if I see a revenue discrepancy in the Avocarrot and Ad Network reports?
- Can I mix and match ad networks so that some utilize the ad network optimization feature and others have priorities set manually?
How does Avocarrot mediation obtain the data from the ad networks?
We use APIs to access the data, which is pulled once a day. Setting Reporting API to “ON” will enable Avocarrot to fetch external data from the network’s reporting API to use in your Analytics and Automatic eCPM optimization. Remember to fill in your credentials for each network.
Why is there an impression discrepancy between Avocarrot mediation and my ad network?
Each ad network counts an impression differently which can be the result for the discrepancy in the reporting.
- For an S2S integration:
Avocarrot mediation SDK counts the ad impressions and sends this information to our Server but not to the ad network server. They usually use an “impression tracking pixel url” in order to track impressions for their ad. A tracking pixel is simply a code inserted into the HTML ad which makes a server call and return a transparent 1×1 image. If they do not support this (ie. if the ad is not HTML ads), they count their ad response as an ad impression.
- For Client side (SDK bundle) integration:
The adapter in our SDK sends impression data to the ad network. Our core Avocarrot mediation SDK is not involved in this communication.
For instance, AdMob states they count an impression when at least 1 pixel of an ad is visible on a device’s screen : https://support.google.com/admob/answer/3269069?hl=en
When is the impression recorded by Avocarrot mediation SDK?
- An impression is counted each time the ad is shown in your app. (when the ad callback method (ad opened/ad shown) is triggered)
Why do we need to count impressions separately?
- We count impressions separately because all the ad networks count their impressions differently. Essentially, we want to be able to run fair performance comparisons of the various ad networks.
What time zone is the reporting?
All reports are calculated on UTC timezone.
Is the Avocarrot dashboard updated in real-time?
Yes, all the metrics on the Avocarrot dashboard are in real-time (within 30min), except for the revenue on the mediation report. This is pulled once a day from the networks that you have configured in your mediation waterfall.
Do you offer reporting API?
Yes, we offer reporting API for the Avocarrot exchange. You can see how to implement it here.
How do we deal with reporting API outage in the Avocarrot mediation?
In these rare circumstances, the network would get deprioritized in the waterfall. You would still have the opportunity to manually reconfigure the waterfall to ensure proper traffic allocation.
What if I see a revenue discrepancy in the Avocarrot and Ad Network reports?
Some Ad Networks display gross revenue on their dashboards which means they have not yet deducted their share from your revenue. You will see its net revenue at the end of the month when the invoices are issued by the Ad Networks. Our Avocarrot reporting system receives reports from the different Ad Networks with the net revenue.
If you would like to inquire regarding which Ad Networks show gross revenue, you would be required to contact the Ad Network directly.
E.g. Smaato SPX displays gross revenue for their publishers.
Can I mix and match ad networks so that some utilize the ad network optimization feature and others have priorities set manually?
Avocarrot's mediation dynamic waterfall enables you to either select the automatic optimization (Auto Rule) or custom functionality (Custom) for each ad placement to ensure the algorithm accuracy. Depending on the Ad Networks, they may allow you to alter your performance optimization for each placement within their specific accounts.
For instance, Facebook and AdMob provide this custom functionality to attain a full fill rate or by eCPM